Thursday, August 27, 2009

Boundin'

Yesterday was one of the best, unplanned, days I have had in a long time.

I woke up at 8:30 to get ready to meet a friend at 9:30 at the Hob Nob. It is a great little restaurant out on 6th Avenue that is directly across from Wright Park. I met with my friend for breakfast and we caught up since I have not seen her for weeks. During which I ordered the three egg crab omelet with hashbrowns and wheat toast. Actually, I just ordered toast. I let the server choose what type of toast . . . don't ask me why.

The omelet was good, not fantastic. There were some pieces of shell in the omelet which made it a little less than desirable but the server was very perky, friendly, and sociable. I would recommend this place to anyone that comes by.

After breakfast I was going to leave to go to supervision. In looking at the clock, I'd only have 30 minutes left of supervision so I decided to follow my friend instead. We walked around Wright Park, looked at the fountain, and watched the ducks. My friend is moving to South Korea to teach English so that was probably the last time I'll be seeing her for quite a while. We hugged and she left.

I began driving home and realized how anxious I had been feeling due to the stress from the situation with my job. The thought came to mind to go to the forest that I went to a few years ago on my birthday. I hadn't been there since and I began thinking of the wondrous adventure I would have. I drove to the forest and began walking around, following a path I had not gone down before. I walked past hundreds of blackberry bushes and I could not help to snatch a few berries from their vines. I think it helps that blackberries are considered weeds around here which is why they grow so freely. After approximately 30 minutes, I sat down for a break and then decided to go back to my car.

Well, on the way back I got lost. I had a tug of war with several trees, brutally molested by many blackberry bushes and was attacked by four mosquitoes. Ultimately I found some telephone wires and followed them back to the main road, where I found my car.

I then went to Fred Meyers to find a pair of shoes. Apparently the largest they have is either 12 or 13 in most sizes. I, of course, needed 1/2 to 1 size larger than they had. Ah well. So finally I went home to take a nap.

I awoke and my roommate needed my help making meat and cheese platters for work the next day. I helped him from 6:00PM through 12:30AM. It was great fun, we joked, ate a lot of meat, and just talked.

I went to bed around 1:00AM and I was so tired because I knew I would have to do therapy today.

So now I have a mild suntan due to my struggle in the forest and I had a great therapy day. Although I still feel somewhat stressed about the job issue, yesterday helped a lot. It pulled me out of the routine I had been following . . . and it was glorious.

So how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment