I went to my interview with Good Sam today. As you may know, I've been volunteering for them since the beginning of the year. I interviewed for a position as a case manager in the css department. It means I would be doing intakes, therapy, being a case manager, dealing with loads of paperwork, and visiting the prison approximately once a week.
The interview was very interesting. It was with five supervisors, yet I didn't feel in the least bit fearful. They asked me questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. I didn't go with the politically correct responses, I simply answered them.
One example they asked is how I felt about the company that is taking over the healthcare for Pierce County. I said, "Honestly, I hate them." I explained they they caused me to lose my job. However I know that they are funding/running everything that is happening in the county and I know some people that are working there. As such, the people are better than the company but unless I leave the county, I have no choice but to interact with them.
In short, the interview was fun.
See, that's one thing about interviews that I never understood. They say you're supposed to be completely professional and show a false front (in a sense). Maybe I've misunderstood, but yes I presented myself as professional, honest, and I showed my personality. I don't see how it should be done any other way.
Now for those of you that will ask, "How did it go?" Honestly, I don't know. I did get a good impression from everybody that did the interviews but who can say at this point? I was the first person to be interviewed and they may forget me as the other wonderful people come in to talk to them about the position. Who knows, but I'll keep you informed.
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment