Sunday, August 02, 2009

An Unexpected Night

This has been an amazingly nice night at work and once again I realize how much I love my job.

Tonight I went to work on Crisis Triage. I was assigned one client because we started out with a census of 4 (which is extremely low). I completed the intake and the individual spent the rest of the shift in their room. Due to the low census, the CNA got sent home at 5:00. For the remainder of the night I was the CNA which means I basically did 15 minute checks to see where the people were. As the night progressed we maxed out with a census of 6 people. All but one person were assigned to one room. So it was very simply to hunt everybody down. I took four steps out of the office, looked into the room, looked into the hallway, and went back into the office.

It was rather simple, yet good. Also I ended up taking a crisis call from somebody who was concerned because they were at the low end of their bipolar mood swing. She talked for a little bit, I confirmed that she wasn't crazy, and she determined what she needed to do to resolve her problem.

Of course in the last ten minutes of work, two new people showed up at the same time. But . . . overall it was a good evening. I got to help someone, catch up with my coworkers, and eat a 4-cheese calzone. Overall, it was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment