
I started reading them when I was a small lad and enjoyed each book when they came out. I grew up and out of that phase and moved on with my life. Many unexpected years later, I began thinking of some books that my literature-loving niece might enjoy and this series entered my mind. "I loved that series," I thought. So I began looking for the titles and seeing if they were still available when I came across something unexpected. I read the four books but found out in 1998, a fifth book was published.

I was so shocked that I had never read the fifth book that I immediately went online to get a pirated copy . . . no! I went to the local library's website and requested it at a library nearby. Two days later, it arrived and I picked it up. I've spend the majority of the (non-working) weekend reading the four books. I started the fifth book last night and just finished it and I am glad that I was able to complete the series.
Now I admit, I felt slightly silly reading these books for children but I also had the excitement as I relived that experience. The same anticipation and curiosity flipping from one page to the next. It was a lot of fun.
Other than school related materials, I haven't read anything for a long time. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And now I can pass on these stories to the younger generation. But I must say, it was nice visiting Little Bear, Omri, Patrick, Boone, and Bright Stars again.
I think I'll head over to Amazon to pick up that book right now.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful memory from a book compares to almost no other, you cannot go back in time except when you read a book you read as a child.
ReplyDeleteYou relive the book, and also the memories of what you were doing at the time you read the book.
It's just about the best way to go back in time without your body actually doing the traveling.