Monday, July 14, 2008

A Well Needed Break

So last weekend I worked on Friday and Saturday. On Friday, I had no desire to be there. I was checked out and done. However, on Saturday I was happy and had a good time. Nonetheless, this week starts the 'two day' work week as mandated by my job. By that I mean that all extra hires (which includes myself) are able to sign up for no more than two shifts a week. Initially I was not entirely happy, but less than two days after I heard the news I was rejoicing.

In a sense I am being forced to take an additional break that I wouldn't have otherwise. Although I was dreading it before, now I am looking forward to it. Many of my prior classmates state that people get burned out before this point in the program. I am most certainly getting somewhat burned out and now with this additional day off I can actually have time to breathe and do more 'self care' as they call it.

So I'm very excited. Also, this week I'm giving my final presentation for my Collaborative class and I'll be able to sleep more during the next few weeks. Then, I'll be back in Utah for a very SHORT period of time.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment