So this evening I worked with a person who was so full of herself she thought that I should be able to read her mind and known all of her needs without even talking to her. While associating with her I did not get mildly upset or modify my behavior in any way. I did my best to work with her and help, but of course no matter what I did (in her mind) it was insufficient. Although lets just say I was able to put in a very good chart note after our interaction. So on the way home I was thinking about this woman and the term Narcissistic Personality Disorder would not leave my mind. I checked the definition in the DSM-IV TR and it seemed to fit.
Honestly, I find it sad that she has isolated herself so much due to her behaviors and she blames her attitude and interactions on everybody else which, in turn, isolates her more.
One thing I continue to learn by working at my current job is how what we do and how we interact with those around us strongly influences what will happen to us later in life. I've seen so many older people that have isolated themselves because of this and younger people who are heading down the exact same path.
In short, stay in good contact with those around you. Even those you cannot get along with well. It will help you out so much more in the long run, you can't even imagine.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Remember, cupcake.
ReplyDeleteThe practitioners are only patients with keys.
I'd laugh, but it's really sad.
Sounds like you just got a taste of what it's like to be married...
ReplyDeleteFor the record, that was a joke.
Well with that thought, I say "Hello" It's been a long time. Sorry I haven't been good with staying in "good contact".
ReplyDeleteStill Love ya though it's been years!
And you just proved my point, I'm not the marrying type. Thanks Joel.
ReplyDeleteGlory Hallelujah and AMEN!!!
ReplyDelete