So yesterday was probably one of the best days I have had in very long time. For the period of about a week I was despondent. I could have cared less what happened, I had no desire to leave my room much less make food.
A lot of this was because one of my two roommates basically leaves messes everywhere, doesn't clean them up, and blames them on everybody else. I stopped cleaning up for him because I realized that would do no good and teach him nothing. Instead I just went into a 'personal funk' as I now call it and stopped doing things altogether. As always when I get in that state of mind I simply need to realize it, go through the motions, and within a day or two, I am fine. So I went through the motions on Sunday and Monday and by yesterday I was feeling fantastic.
You know it's a wonderful day when you didn't get enough sleep and half of your client's cancel yet you're still feeling pretty good. I felt so full of peace and happiness yesterday that a truck probably could have hit me and I wouldn't have cared.
Anyway, life is good now because the homeowner told my other roommate that he has 30 days to move out . . . so the mess will be gone.
Hallelujah!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are the most self-actualized person I have ever met.
ReplyDeleteWho the hell say's "personal funk" and really means it?? (Like, not being self-deprecating or cutesy).
Fabulous.
~Lindsey
PS - season six