Friday, September 15, 2006

Some Bad News

I just received an e-mail from my father telling me that my Aunt is going to die. I didn't expect this, not in the least. She's not old enough. My grandma died within the past year and she was 80+. My aunt isn't even close to that. Sometime before last Christmas she had an auto accident which she never truly recovered from. No physical injuries, but her mind was effected. This in combination that my family is more susceptible to Alzheimers didn't help. I'm honestly not sure what to say. I guess I could go down for the funeral.

I just didn't expect for anyone in my family to die so soon. She was doing well, or so I thought. I guess I never have expected her to die because she is so kind, polite, and loving. I have never seen her speak a mean word to anyone. Because of this I have seen her children and they are such wonderful, happy people.

She has influenced and affected many people in her lifetime. She will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. We are adjusting to the loss, and I try not to think about it most of the time
    I guess you have to face facts though, we are called -Senior Citizens- now, although often, I don't feel like one, and along with being a senior comes the reality that life is not as long a road in front of us as it use to be.
    Hopefully, whatever the length of time each of us has, we will make it quality time for ourselves and for all who associate with us.
    Love, Mom

    Today is Grandma's birthday, she would have been 93.

    ReplyDelete