Howdy folks. Today has been a glorious day. I woke up at 8:00ish (and listened to the radio for about 45 minutes) and contemplated what I wanted to do for the day. So as opposed to laying in bed until 10:00, I decided to shower and go to work early today. Have I mentioned that I love setting my own hours? So I went to work and worked on creating another database for tracking clients. It was uneventful, but I got to meet and associate with some of the second year graduate students. In the mean time I also had to look up an article for my supervisor. I found the link to search for articles useful, so I sent it home. Then, apparently the second years were meeting early to watch a therapy session given by one of our professors. Now this is unheard of. A professor actually leading a session? So they snuck behind a one-way mirror to view the professionalism and insight of our professor. And . . . since I was there I got to sneak in as well. It was interesting seeing him practice what he has been teaching us. Admittedly, I know little to nothing of the theories or practice, but at least I got to see him in action. And he pinned the problem on the head and the entire family was in tears. Wow. I can't wait to make people cry.
So I come home and play around on the computer for a while, call and harass a few people in Salt Lake, then I start looking for articles that will help with a paper next week. Remember me mentioning that link I sent home? Well, apparently since I connected from one of the University computers it shows that I have complete and full access to every article on the system. If I were to 'attempt' to log on from my home computer, I wouldn't have access to any of them. Hurrah! So I found 7+ articles, and a book that I will check out tomorrow.
Later my roommate comes home and I grab the mail key. I go out and lo and behold what is in the mailbox? A movie I ordered. Brigham City. I found it for a good price and have been wanting it for years so I'll watch it tonight after my studies. I also got my 2 X-file DVD's from Netflix and . . . something from Wells Fargo (my new bank) that offered me three free downloads from iTunes for taking a 'credit card counseling test.'
So I took the test, passed and got the three free downloads to get some songs I've loved for so long and now I can legally obtain them. I love it! Today has been simply fantastic. So if you listen carefully you may be able to hear one of the songs I got.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi John Ray!!!
ReplyDeleteLove that Herbie, where was it? I didn't know that there was a Herbie out there on the streets. Cool!!
-Smile-
I'm caught up now, very good comments and thoughts. It's nice to see what you are thinking, and it's easier to remember and assimilate when written rather than spoken.
How have your parents expressed their encouragement toward you since you left for graduate school?
Love you,
Galluccigirl