No pictures this time, although there are many I could include. This is just an update regarding my schedule. Pretty much, if you call me from Monday through Thursday, I may not answer. This past week I have been completely focused on school, reading the hundreds of pages of papers, and been starting the fellowship up here. So because of this focus, I have not had time to call or talk to anybody. If however you call me on Friday through Sunday, it would be a great time to talk.
Aside from that I am getting to know some people in my classes and more importantly I'm learning some of the theories. It is quite a challenge and unfortunately I'm having to learn to speak up. We had a session where we went around asking circular questions to each other. I felt like everybody was grilling me for five minutes, but it will be useful. Basically a circular question is just asking somebody else how they believe another person (say their parent, sibling or spouse) would respond to their action. For example: How have your parents expressed their encouragement toward you since you left for graduate school? (Now, I'm not actually asking the question, just giving an example.) The reason it is a circular question is because it is making me think about how they are responding to me and if it is encouragement in the way I need/interpret it. Well, if you're not lost yet, congrats.
So tonight after school some of us went out to dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant and I had Gnocchi and a lavender dry soda. Interesting, but quite wonderful. Aside from finding a part time job, everything is great up here. Until next time . . .
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, you just posted this blog. Just an FYI, you probably need to reset the time on your blog because it says you posted it at 10:32 pm on 09/14/06, and right now it's 9:38 in Washington. No big deal, you can change it if you want. Maybe you miss Utah so much and want to hold onto our time. Then again, maybe not.
ReplyDeleteI'm beginning to catch up now, I do let things go too long. I need to go to bed, but, somebody is snoring in there and will undoubtedly keep me awake anyway.
ReplyDelete-s-
Javis knows how to snore, he and dad were laying on the floor last night in the hallway and every time dad did a snore, so did Javis.
He would close his eyes and make the snoring sound. It was hilarious.
Mom, catching up!!