So, today was the first actual day at my job. I went in and went straight to my office. People asked me if I was lost or confused . . . to which I responded with a polite no. I knew exactly what I was doing, however they were unfamiliar with me.
I went to the meeting in the morning and everybody was just as sarcastic as I am. It is going to be a good team. I'm still hesitant about how competent they think I am and what they think I did at my previous job, nonetheless I'll do my best.
I met with my supervisor several times that day as she explain certain procedures, showed me how to do certain tasks, and talked to me about some of my new clients. Also, the majority of the people in my hallway came and introduced themselves. It looks like I'll be working with some very good people.
I spent much of the day training, reading, and figuring out about this foreign concept known as productivity. In fact, I've done the math and literally know how competent I need to be to "exceed expectations" at the end of my yearly review. Somehow, with my caseload I don't think that is going to be an issue.
To make a long story short . . . (too late), it was a relaxing day and I've got some fun stuff planned during the next few days to learn even more.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment