I woke up and went to supervision (in regards to seeing clients at Good Sam) which went swell. Afterward, I talked to a client and scheduled the next appointment. I was supposed to meet up with another friend, however he is doing job interviews/submitting applications so unfortunately that didn't work out.
Since I had some time off I figured I'd try a new restaurant. One that a client recommended to me. It was called "Burgers International and Pizzeria."

Here is what I wrote while waiting for my meal:
Here I am at a restaurant called Burgers International. It is owned by an older German couple. The woman's accent is strong and the man's is almost indistinguishable. When I arrived, aside from the couple, I was the only one in the restaurant. The decor is traditional but the menu is not.
On the menu, they have varying burgers ranging from lion to llama. The pictures on the menu are unprofessional, which to me shows this place is privately owned, which increases the appeal. They have a local radio station playing. The restaurant overlooks several trees, a stream, and a nearby city with further civilization in the distance.
I have ordered the lion (not loin) burger which is not on the menu, but only shows on the sign outside. Why did I order it? Simply because I will doubtfully ever have the chance to try it again. The man recommended I have it with pepperjack cheese, so I accepted the suggestion. The sun is out and it is coming through the window allowing for a gentle warmth which has been absent for several weeks.I sat enjoying the ambiance for several minutes, while sipping my comforting lemonade. The meal came out and it looked like a regular burger, nothing special. If they hadn't told me, I doubtfully would have distinguished it from another burger . . . simply by the way it looked.

The taste, was a different story. I'm not sure what other meats you might have had but it had a similar taste to buffalo. The restaurant owner described it as somewhat "gamey" but not so much to detract from the overall taste. I would say that is accurate. The burger came with the pepperjack cheese, three pickle slices (I ate one), some thousand island dressing mix (which tasted good on the burger although I'm not naturally a fan of it), two tomato slices, lettuce and a side of fries. The fries were hot and crisp enough on the outside yet still warm and softer on the inside.
The man asked how my food was, made polite and appropriate conversation, and refilled my lemonade without asking (how I love that). Afterward he offered one of several deserts . . . and although tempted I had to decline the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Overall, the experience was extremely worthwhile. It is nice having time off enough to enjoy simple pleasures like that.
The rest of the day has yet to unfold, but so far it has been outstanding.
And if you were wondering due to a previous post, my job is once again secure. More details to follow.
I'm a Leo, and as such I find this post offensive.
ReplyDeleteGood thing I didn't eat the ostrich.
ReplyDeleteI have passed this restaurant countless times on my way up to Bonney Lake and beyond. How crazy that this is what's waiting inside? Truth be told, I always thought the restaurant was closed.
ReplyDeleteThat being said - lions are protected animals who's numbers are dwindling in the wild. Just how DO you sleep at night? Lion - killer.