It is the detox unit. According to the managerial staff, they will be taking the current employees at detox and have them work on the other units. What does this mean? It means the previously opened positions will be closed and no new employees will be needed. In fact, there may be too many employees.
As an extra hire that means that there will be less shifts (if any) to sign up for. So . . . unless I hear otherwise, I need to start actively searching for another job. This is both good and bad. There are some open positions in the mental health field . . . but not as many as there once was due to the current recession. So if anybody hears about any jobs in the mental health field . . . please let me know.
As for the flooding in the basement, the water has been drained. The heater works and the dryer appears to be working. We're not sure about the washer and the water heater is water logged.
I guess that's about it. Enjoy!
They're closing secure detox?
ReplyDeleteNo.
God NO.
Please be kidding.
This is not funny.
And I'm not being sarcastic, I'm stressin' out over here.
I'm am heaving one giant, stressed out, crisis worker at her wit's end, HEAVY SIGH over here.
Crap.
Not a joke. Secure detox will be closing within the next two months. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteBAH.
ReplyDeleteBuffalo NY and suburbs seem to always be short. Uhm.. and I'm stupid, but I looked at your grad invite, does that make you psychologist or social worker or what? Either way both available if you want to live on the other side of the country. 2 openings for psychologist right now, one chronic pain patients, the other school in early-autism program. Also SOCIAL WORKER
ReplyDeleteLMSW or LCSW for full or part time counseling position; bilingual Spanish preferred needed for an outpatient mental health clinic in Buffalo.
Excellent salary and
benefits. Send resumes to: Lake Shore Behavioral Health, Inc. Job Code: LWSQHP. HR Director, 254 Franklin St; Buffalo, NY 14202 or email resumes@lake-shore.org, COUNSELOR: FT chemical dependence counselor. Residential facility. $14.11/hr. College degree in related field. Must be QHP or CASAC. Send resume to Cazenovia Manor, 486 N. Legion Dr., Buffalo, NY 14210 or cmresume@cazenoviarecovery.org.
Plus if actually interested in Buffalo (which I might add really isn't any worse in weather than UT, and only 15 min. from Niagara Falls, and about 80 min. from Palmyra) you can contact Maureen Fronckowiak in the Buffalo Stake Employment Center at stakeworks1@gmail.com she has tons of contacts and can help you find all the unadvertised openings. (I used to work with her in the office so I know personally how awesome she is!)