Thursday, January 08, 2009

Texting vs Phone Calls

After reading through a previous post, it became apparent that I did not adequately express what I was trying to get across. Here is another attempt.

I have noticed that I have come to rely on my cell phone more often in inappropriate places and circumstances. For example during dinner with friends, during movies, while at a friend's house, etc. As such, I am drawing boundaries so I do not come across rude to whoever I am with. Besides, I would hate it if they did it to me. So, if I do not pick up the phone and it is time sensitive, please send me a text. I read those immediately.

Secondly, if I had the choice of sending multiple texts back and forth to somebody or talking to them by phone, I would prefer having a conversation. To me, the inflections are crucial and the written word can easily be misunderstood.

Third, often when I am inundated with a lot of conversation I need my time to recuperate. I notice this happening after a long day of therapy.

If something I post seems rude, let me know. It is not my intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment