Well, now that I have gone through today I can look at yesterday with an open mind and complete subjectiveness.
Yesterday sucked.
Basically, I opened the door to the floor that I was supposed to work on and there were people wandering up and down the halls talking to themselves. The door I went through then shut . . . and I didn't have a key to get out. Come to find out on this floor of the building, on which I was assigned to work, was the floor where they kept the clinically insane. Of course, that is the technical term for it. In short, I had 45 minutes of discussion with one of the people there and 7 hours and 15 minutes of 'interacting' with the clients. By interacting I mean standing in the hallway watching them all pass me hundreds of times. Obviously the training was a success since I knew exactly what I was supposed to do on the first day.
Now today was completely opposite from yesterday. I started on the detox floor, attended a few meetings, read charts, familiarized myself with the policies and I actually spoke to the supervisor for that shift. I loved it! Honestly, I would prefer to work on that floor with that team. I say this for another reason too. One of the people that worked with me the day before also worked with me today and she told me how b*****y the people on the 5th floor (ie: clinically insane floor) were. We laughed and discussed how neither of us ever wanted to go back there again. Fortunately if I do, at least I've got an ally.
So tomorrow I'm on a new floor too. Hopefully it will be even better.
And if by chance you missed my comments about my first day of work, go here.
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment