Well, it has been a long time since I've posted anything. In looking back at posts from previous years I shared things just to share them. I didn't care whether people read or not. Other times I asked for feedback or random questions. As such, I'm just going to post stuff randomly. Feedback or not doesn't really matter to me.
Today as I was at work I was thinking, why don't they have vegetable pasta? It would be healthier and I'd imagine the flavors would be unique. So I came home and did a search. Surprise, it exists. I'm not a huge health nut, but something like that sparks my interest. Unfortunately, they do not sell it within 120 miles of where I live. Considering the health conscience people up here, I would think that they would. Ah well. Maybe Trader Joe's will have something.
With that aside, the past few weeks have been very interesting. After attending a wedding, I realized how completely cynical I am. It came as a great shock. I consider myself very positive with a touch of reality in there. However, I realized I have a deep level of cynicism that can be very unhealthy.
I've noticed that as I start hearing something that somebody is saying, at times I have to check myself. With that I also realized how this has been impacting my ability to interact with people at work. When, in supervision, I hear a client story I naturally think of the worst. Not necessarily what the client is going through or why they're acting that way. I have tended to pass it off as some unchangeable behavior as opposed to a maladaptive way of coping. This cognitive shift has certainly helped with that.
So far I've been maintaining this new perspective for two weeks. I hope it sticks.
Tuesday, September 02, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment