Monday, January 02, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Ah yes, the obligatory post about New Year's Resolutions. I can hear what you're thinking now. Does this mean he's going to try and gain weight? Is he going to open his own private practice? Is he going to become the next president of the United States? In answer to all of those . . . "No Comment."

For years I have not been a fan of the new year's resolution idea. Why wait until the next year to create a goal or a plan. Why completely give up on a year because it seems like crap.

This past year, I accomplished all of the goals I had planned for my life. That is, those goals that were completely dependent upon myself and my own actions.

So what next? Honestly, I don't know. The big goals are accomplished. So maybe smaller goals?

I do have some ideas of things I would like to do, but they will not effect my overall happiness or lack thereof this year.

Previously I always thought that if you don't have any expectations you won't be disappointed. It is true. Although I don't have expectations, I do have hopes.

For some reason, I do feel refreshed this year. It is something I haven't felt before. I don't know what this year will entail but I have already made some very small changes and I am extremely satisfied with them.

:: Unintentional preaching part below ::

If you fail, don't wait until next year to start a new goal. Try again a little bit later today.

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you resolve to post on your blog a little more often?

    ReplyDelete