Thursday, January 19, 2012

Let It Snow

Well, the past few days have been interesting.

On Monday it snowed a little bit in the evening. Tuesday was crystal clear but my job decided to announce that the office would be closed on Wednesday due to the impending snow storm that would hit us that night. So I pretended like it was a weekend and did my normal thing. It didn't start snowing until after I went to bed. When I woke up on Wednesday, there was about 6 to 12 inches of show on the ground. It was beautiful.

I received an e-mail on Wednesday at 5:00PM from my job stating that the office would be open on Thursday morning at the regular time. Admittedly, I doubted it would occur. As such I turned off my alarm and went to bed.

I woke up today 30 minutes after I normally do on a work day and found out that there is no power at my office and so it is closed. Aside from that, the roads are complete ice. If my work didn't close, I wouldn't go in anyway because it is too dangerous on the roads out here when there are no traction tires and people being more "cautious" actually makes it more dangerous because they do not know how to drive in the snow.

Long story short . . . (too late) I have two days off so far. It is currently raining which is turning the top layer of snow into ice. Most likely work will be open as normal tomorrow, but it is an interesting occurrence up here which will doubtfully happen again.

Happy Snow Day to one and all.

1 comment:

  1. It's sad that you have more snow right now than we've had the whole year.

    ReplyDelete