Thursday, August 02, 2007

Life-Free Stress

Well, here is an update as to what is going on.

First, my job is having some issues. I have no issues with it, but apparently the State of Washington doesn't think that my employer (Pierce County) is doing a good job in treating the clientele that it does. They believe we are wasting money and that they could do a better job of it. As such, there is a major audit going on and my employer may be shutting down as of September. It has brought some major stress to everyone there because most of us like our jobs and the paychecks we bring home. So suddenly being faced with the fact that all of us may be unemployed in a few months is a little . . . disheartening.

Also, I cannot come back to Utah to visit for two weeks as planned. Since I have been searching for a new place to live I have been forced to limit my time to one week. This means I will have less time with my family, my nieces and nephew (which deserve their own category), my friends, and I will miss Johnny's wedding. Unfortunately this is the price one must pay to go to school while living in a different state. My apologies for all those I will not be able to spend as much time with as I have desired.

So once I return to Washington, I will have another week to work at my job and after that I might be unemployed. Also, I will be moving that week and starting counseling the next. Many things are going on right now and I'm handling it to the best of my ability so if my judgement is temporarily impaired or if my mood isn't always perfectly stable, you know why.

Life leads us down many interesting roads and all we can do is try to avoid the potholes. Best wishes, for now.

1 comment:

  1. Man, that's so stressful. I hate it when everything is all up in the air like that. Well, here's hoping that you quickly find a super place to live, that the audit at your job goes well, and that everything settles back to "normal". Call us when you come to Utah and we'll go to lunch/dinner/something with you.
    -Krista

    ReplyDelete