Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Food and a Lunar Eclipse

So here I am, observing the phenomena known as a lunar eclipse. I remember when I was going in for my back surgery, I was informed that a solar eclipse would be occurring within the next hour. Obviously, I was not able to observe it. So here I am observing its sister phenomena. Slow moving, but interesting nonetheless. As I stare at it, the moon is orange. Most of it is darker, hidden in the shadow of the earth. It makes me think of varying prophecies that state the moon will turn to blood. Does it mean blood, or is it simply a lunar eclipse? From the brief research I have done it says the moon turns many different shades during this phenomena. Orange is one, I am guessing red is another since they're so close. Maybe I'll have time to see it, maybe not. Nonetheless according to the news, this will occur for the next several hours. Within 45 minutes or so, the moon will be completely dark. Within a few more hours, it will slowly become brighter again as it pulls itself out from behind the earth (if I understand this properly, that is). No, it is nothing royally exciting nor compelling. Yet, at the same time I find it intriguing. The full moon is a different shade, it is slowly becoming darker, and I am freezing on the porch.

On a side note, at work today I was on the detox unit. A coworker and I spoke about food, its preparation, and how homegrown foods are the best for nearly 45 minutes. I was so hungry afterward I could have eaten . . . well, a lot. Why has the definition of 'homemade' become something that you made at home, even if most of it came out of a box? Why does it not mean, made from scratch? How times change and people become more stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment