Saturday, December 16, 2006

Utter Darkness

So after 23 hours and 45 minutes of darkness, the lights came back on. It was bitter sweet. For one full day I did not have access to my e-mail but more importantly, my computer. My roommate and I had a few discussions as to how life has changed so much that we rely on computers. How if electricity was gone permanently, the 'permanent' records many of us have kept on our computers would forever be lost. Sure, that's a big IF regarding electricity, but would someone really want to take the chance?

Yes computers give us the security of passwords and some fraud protection, but they also separate us from ourselves.

No, this is not a big philosophy post, just some thoughts I had regarding the issue. Now I'm going to print those things I didn't have access to so I can utilize them if and when this happens again.

Oh . . . one more thing. So since I've been up here, Seattle and Tacoma have shut down due 1/4 inch of snow and we've had a massive windstorm that has shut off power to both cities . . . I wonder what is going to happen in January.

1 comment:

  1. Well??? Anything so far?? Only time will tell and that's just eleven more days.....left in January for whatever the "big event" or not, to happen.
    Galluccigirl

    ReplyDelete