Thursday, July 13, 2017

Car Shopping: Part 1

After 10+ years it is time to get a new car.  Not because I want to, but because my current car is a safety hazard that could blow up at any time.  With that said, I have enjoyed doing some car shopping.  I don't need to rush so it is a more enjoyable experience.

My first experience was a few days ago.  I went to a Buick dealership.  The salesperson saw me through a window, approached me from behind and made me jump three feet in the air.  He then decided to back off and give me some space.

I told him it was okay because I was looking for some feedback.  I greatly appreciated his approach.  We sat in a few cars and discussed the differences between the models I was looking for along with possible cost.

We took a car for a test drive and then he took me back to his office to run some numbers.  He applied no pressure and gave me several different options to think about.

I learned he is from Georgia.  The country, not the state.  We briefly discussed the weather, why this part of the country is so wonderful and then we went our separate ways.  I had my quotes in hand to think about.

Now if I were to go back and everything is as he quoted it originally, that would be my ideal sale.

After I got home I did some research comparing various models with pros and cons.  I called my insurance to get a price quote on how much my insurance would increase.  I also found a few other comparable models to check out in the future.

Overall it was a very good learning experience.  Car shopping day 1 was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment