Sunday, February 26, 2017

Looking Back

It is my one year anniversary today.  No, not for sobriety.  I'm still working on being sober.  That lemonade addiction is a tough one to overcome.

A year ago today I had back surgery to replace the back surgery I had 19 years prior.  As with any surgery there are still some complications and other things that happened as a result.  But has it been worth it?  Definitely.  I have much less pain than I did.  I also have less reflexes than I did.

Now some of the benefits?  I walk slightly straighter and I always set off metal detectors.  Oh yes, always.  So much in fact that I just started asking for the patdown.  It just saves time. That and random human contact is always a bonus...or so I tell myself to get through it.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I had to find out about that surgery from my mom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from my immediate family I didn't tell more than 5 people. It's not something I wanted to share at that point.

    ReplyDelete