Friday, May 08, 2009

I Made It Back

Much to my dismay, I returned from Disneyworld. It is always sad to see a vacation end.

Nonetheless, I had a blast. Having been to Disneyland dozens of times in my life and knowing it backwards and forwards . . . made it even more fun to see the differences between that and Disneyworld. The exact rides in Disneyland are larger in Disneyworld. One ride that I hate in Disneyland was much better in Disneyworld. In California it is short, loud, and full of so many blacklight sucking cutouts, that it takes away from the actual joy of the ride itself. Not so in Disneyworld. It actually has a story that you can follow without knowing the movie itself.

Aside from the Magic Kingdom there was also Disney's Hollywood Studios, the Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, and EPCOT.

Since I was there on my birthday (thanks for the birthday wishes of Facebook, by the way) I can honestly say it was the best birthday I have ever experienced. Now if I could have some family and (more) friends along, it would have been even better. So I'm back and you will no longer hear me blabber on about my trip, my excitement, or anything of the sort.

This morning I did get a call from my job for an interview. If I pass it, that means I might actually be working there with benefits as opposed to being simply on-call. I'll keep you updated.

Oh, one more thing. My nephew asked me to ride Splash Mountain for him. I did. And here's my proof.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I heard that because of budget cutbacks they are getting rid of the people who screen those photos to make sure no one is flashing the camera on their way down.
    So you totally could've flashed the camera.
    And NOT gotten caught.
    Good picture, but talk about a blown opportunity!

    ReplyDelete