Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gone and Done It

So, I graduated today. It didn't hit until I was walking toward the entry of the auditorium and many of the professors and university staff were applauding for the graduates. Then it finally sunk in.

Honestly, it's a great feeling to be done. To not worry about assignments, papers, or due dates. But then again, I didn't worry about those anyway. For me this program was more of personal growth, understanding, and learning how to better interact and communicate with humankind. Obviously I still have a long way to go, but it was a great start. I have many friendships that I gained and many experiences I could not have had otherwise. It was a great experience.

Now some of you would ask, "So what are you going to do now?"

The answer is, "I've applied to work part time at the psych unit instead of currently working as on call. Also, I'm currently volunteering at my internship site so I can continue to do counseling until I get another part time job doing therapy. I need to stay in Washington for at least two more years to get my license. After that, who knows?" So there's the routine answer, now lets have a glorious holiday season, eh?

Oh . . . and on top of today being a glorious day, guess what happened to make it the best day ever. It snowed.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that the coolest, goose pimply, oh my god feeling when all the professors and staff line up and applaud us going in.
    *sigh*
    That made 6.5 years of financial aid wenches, papers, small group discussions, day long classes and everything else SO worth it!
    Good Job, Buddy!!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete